So I was at home Friday night thinking what I was going to make for dinners for the weekend. I don’t know if I’m the only one that does this or if this is pretty common. I decided to make my Poultry Burgers for Saturday night since I had some ground turkey in the freezer that needed to be used up. However, I didn’t know what to do with Sunday. I went to my refrigerator and saw all this beer. Normally this would be a great discovery but I don’t drink stout beer, I love to use it in my cooking/baking. I had so many left over from my Luck of the Irish Cupcakes I made for St. Patty’s Day.
Stout, that’s a start… So I thought what would be good with a stout and of course Beef came to my mind… then I thought mmmmm Beef Stew in some kind of stout sauce. BINGO! Now to make it gluten free, dairy free and FODMAP friendly so that my husband could enjoy it with us!
Make You Wanna STOUT Beef Stew
Make you wanna Stout Beef Stew
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/3 lb beef stew diced
1 tbsp gluten free flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 medium carrots peeled and chopped
2 medium parsnips peeled and chopped
1 large potatoe peeled and chopped
1 16.9 oz Dark Stout Beer (I used Guinness)
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 springs rosemary
4 springs thyme
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. In a bowl whisk flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Toss your stew meat in flour mixture until coated
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown meat
5. In a casserole dish placed browned meat
6. Add all your veggies to the casserole dish
7. In your frying pan pour your stout to de-glaze and scrap any tidbits left
8. Add tomato puree, mustard and balsamic vinegar and mix together.
9. Once mixture is incorporated pour over your meat and veggies, add your herb and cover
10. Place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
11. Add 2/3 cup water and cook for another 1 ½ hours
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR DINNERS COME OUT AND HEAR ANY REVISIONS OR HELPFUL TIPS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
I'M SO HAPPY TO SHARE THIS WITH Y'ALL. HAPPY EATING!
HAPPY #TASTYTREATTUESDAY I HOPE SEE YOU BACK NEXT #TASTYTREATTUESDAY!
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME:
**Discloser: This post contains affiliate links from a few companies, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive commission from purchases made through the links.**