My husband has recently be diagnosed with some gastrointestinal problems and his Gastroenterologist suggested he start on a FODMAP diet.
His main restrictions are:
Must be Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Sodium, Low Sugar, Low Fat, Low Fiber, and absolutely NO ONIONS or GARLIC.
If you are throwing your hands up right now giving up, I know I was the same way. I thought how am I going to do this? For almost two months straight we ate the same thing. Grilled boneless skinless chicken seasoned with salt and pepper, white rice and steamed peeled squash. Which is good, but the foodie in me wanted… no NEEDED more. So I sat down and thought what would be a good recipe that could accommodate my husband’s dietary needs and yet satisfy the food lover in me.
So I came up with this Poultry Burger and Homemade French Fries recipe. We now implement this recipe at least once a week and my 3-year-old daughter loves it! She helps me prepare it, serve it and devours it.
Poultry Burger and Homemade Potato Chips
1 lb. of ground turkey or chicken
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1/8 tsp of paprika or cayenne
¼ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ cup olive oil based mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
2-3 russet potatoes
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
1–2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 gluten free hamburger buns
4 slices swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Wash and peel your potatoes
3. Cut your potatoes width wise into chips.
**you can cut them into French first by cutting them in half lengthwise then 1/2 inch strips, lay them on their sides and cut them in half lengthwise again**
4. Place cut potatoes into a bowl.
5. Add salt, pepper, and oil and toss until all the potatoes are coated.
6. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet in a single layer
**In a pinch you can use aluminum foil as I did in the picture above, just the potatoes tend to stick more with foil then parchment paper**
7. Bake for 25 minutes
**I do 25 minutes because it’s easy for digestion if it’s softer, if you want more crisp I would do 30-35 minutes**
8. While your potatoes are baking mix together poultry meat, salt, pepper, sugar, paprika/cayenne, and Italian seasoning using your hands.
9. Make 4 equal patties
10. Cook your patties you preferred way
**You can use electric grills, pan fry, or you can attempt to grill them on your oven rack at 500F. I have tried all three ways and if you have an electric grill they work the best by far. Then pan fried because in the oven my patty fell apart and clean was horrible. **
11. Place your cheese on top of your patty when you finish cooking, I normally nook all four of them together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside until assembly.
12. Get your hamburger buns and split them in half and butter the inside.
13. Once your potatoes are done take off the parchment paper, set aside and change your oven setting to Broil High
14. Place your hamburger buns onto it buttered side facing up onto the cookie sheet that you used for the potatoes. Bake up to 3 minutes, check every so often it will cook fast.
15. While the hamburger buns are toasting make your sauce by whisk all ingredients together.
1. Place your patty on top of the bottom portion of your bun top with sauce and place top bun on and then plate your potatoes.
I know that it may seem like a lot of steps but it's actually pretty easy to make. It's fun with to do with the kiddos as well. I let Emma do all the mixing. When she is mixing the patty mixture together she learning science and it helps her fine motor skills. Just remember that adults should do the cutting and handling of the stove/oven. I'm sure we all know this but I just write it just in case lol.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my recipe for my "Poultry Burger and Homemade Chips".
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR DINNERS COME OUT AND HEAR ANY REVISIONS OR HELPFUL TIPS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA. I'M SO HAPPY TO SHARE THIS WITH Y'ALL. HAPPY EATING!
HAPPY #TASTYTREATTUESDAY I HOPE SEE YOU BACK NEXT #TASTYTREATTUESDAY!
**Discloser: This post contains affiliate links from a few companies, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive commission from purchases made through the links.**
Feel free to contact me: